QTHC provides comprehensive pre-travel care:
- Professional and knowledgeable risk assessment, risk communication and risk management.
- Availability of a complete panel of immunizations against all vaccine preventable illnesses.
- Provision of an appropriate recommendations and prescriptions according to risk for self-treatment/prevention of traveler’s diarrhea, malaria and environmental illness (eg altitude sickness).
- Up-to-date advice/education of a wide range of travel related health risks (eg women’s health, water and insect borne diseases, personal safety and security, accessing medical care abroad, etc.).
Post-Travel Screening and referral as indicated:
- The focus of the QTHC is on pre-travel care/prevention and health promotions. QTHC will be available to support/consult with primary care health providers in post travel illness/health situations. These post travel "cases" can be complex and require tropical medicine specialists/clinics and specific testing evaluations.